BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Eyes Like Stars; BookReview #1

The Théâtre Illuminata is the only home Bertie has ever known. It's a magical place where The Book, which contains every script written, resides along with countless players who are not born, but written into their parts. Bertie is an outsider, a human orphan, left at the mercy of the Theater Manager and raised by the players. But when her endless tricks and tomfoolery drive some at the Theatre Illuminata to the end of their ropes, Bertie is given an ultimatum: become uniquely useful, or get out. But there is much more at stake than Bertie ever realized...  -Back of Book

I bought this comedy/drama by Lisa Mantchev, for three reasons.
1. The cover.
2. The Fairies.
3. The statement "All Her World's A Stage."

I was very intrigued by the idea of her whole world being the theater, although the story could have been stronger. I was able to finish it quickly, which dumbfounds me because I didn't much care for it. I loved the fairy's funny and witty conversations, but the conversations between the others I didn't connect to. I want to connect to everything in a book, not just some of it. Some of the description was also very poor, and occasionally hard to follow. Overall, I was extremely disappointed. Should you read this book? Well, it really depends. On what? I'm not sure yet. I found that lots of people have reviewed this book and seemed to enjoy it. I on the other hand, didn't. So if you are like me, and want to connect to a book completely, and loves description, stay away from it. Although at some points, I was pleased to be accompanied with a good laugh from the fairies. If you're desperate for something like this, than go ahead and buy it! You might enjoy it more than I did.

Rating: Two spoonfuls of pixie dust.


0 comments: